5-Year BSBA/MBA Program
Since Fall 2009, the College of Business Administration has admitted qualified students into a five-year integrated program leading to a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BSBA) as well as a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA).
This program is designed for high-achieving, goal-oriented students who have decided to complete an MBA as part of their professional education and who wish to minimize the time and expense of doing so.
- Students are admitted to graduate school right out of high school. All pre-core requirements for the MBA are waived, eliminating 18 credit hours; there is no entrance exam or other special requirements for entering the graduate phase of the program.
- Financial aid is maintained through graduate school.
- Students must complete a minimum of two internships; one of these must be a graduate internship completed between the fourth and fifth year.
- Students must complete an international experience, either through coursework, an internship, or a suitable substitution.
- A mentor from the business community will assist and guide each student in career planning and development. This mentoring will supplement the academic advising provided by the College of Business Administration and the many services provided by the University's Career Education Center.
Applicants must meet the University’s general entrance requirements. To be considered for the 5-Year BSBA/MBA Program, you must achieve:
- a high school GPA of 3.25
- a minimum ACT composite score of 24.
To remain in the program, you must:
- maintain an overall GPA of 3.25
- adhere to the timetable for program completion
- successfully complete two approved internships
- complete one international experience
- meet regularly with your assigned industry mentor
- create and maintain a current LinkedIn account
- attend regular meetings with your academic advisor and the Executive-in-Residence
Our renowned business programs have remained fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business for more than 60 years. We are the only private school in the state of Michigan to earn this distinction, which places us in the top five percent of business schools worldwide.
Our College of Business Administration is ranked the best private business school in Michigan, and the #2 business school overall by College Choice. Both our undergraduate Management program and our MBA have been ranked among the nation's top 20 Management programs by U.S. News & World Report. Our pass rate for first-time candidates on the CPA exam (68%) ranks 19th best in the nation for programs of our size, ahead of both Harvard Univeristy (ranked #31, with 63%) and the University of Chicago (ranked #26, with 65%).
We offer you diverse choices for programs and majors, whether you want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in one of many areas, including:
- Business Law
- Decision Sciences
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Business Intelligence
- Sports Management
Many students even go on to receive both their bachelor’s and master’s degrees in just five years, with scholarships that last the entire length of the program!
The job placement rate of our Bachelor's degree candidates exceeds 95%. And our graduates populate the board rooms and executive offices of major companies, governments, and nonprofits around the world. View a sample of them here.
Do you want to make the world a better place? We do! No matter which business school you choose, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the field, but at UDM we can offer you something more: The opportunity and know-how to affect change in the world around you.
Why are we different? Because we’re rooted in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions of our religious sponsors. Jesuit and Mercy schools are known for providing students a great, well-rounded education with an emphasis on leadership and service — we don’t just teach business; we create community leaders.
While in school, hone your skills by participating in service learning projects aimed at helping others, like providing volunteer income tax assistance and teaching financial literacy classes. You’ll learn business, but also so much more.
Great American City
Do you want to go to school in a city rich with culture and entertainment, known for its music, theater, food, sports and world-class museums?
And what about a city with 20 Fortune 500 companies nearby? Think about the possibilities for co-op placements and internships!
If this sounds good to you, then you might just feel at home at University of Detroit Mercy. Our students learn, work and play in the Motor City. And as a business student, you’ll be at the forefront of the industry, surrounded by opportunities to make a name for yourself before you’re even done with school.
Your on-campus opportunities are plentiful, too. You’ll get great personal attention from your professors, thanks to our student-centered environment and small class sizes, and you can meet new friends with similar interests in our many clubs and organizations.
But as much as we take pride in our Detroit roots and campus experience, we also understand how important it is for our students to experience the world at large. That’s why we offer study abroad opportunities through our International Studies in Business travel course — experience the world of business in Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona and Rome.
Come, open the door, visit us and learn how you can play an active role in creating your own path to success. Great things are in store for you at the University of Detroit Mercy!
Students admitted to this program will complete the BSBA in 4 years of study, and complete the MBA degree by the end of the fifth year. Students will follow an accelerated curriculum plan:
- 11 courses from UDM undergraduate core
- 11 courses: complete UDM core, begin undergraduate business core
- 12 courses: complete undergraduate business core
- 12 courses: complete undergraduate concentration, begin MBA courses
- 8 courses: complete MBA requirements
- 54 courses (162 credit hours)
A degree in Business Administration helps connect you with a dynamic group of business leaders, community partners and fellow students. Here you can delve deeper and learn more about us.
The application process may differ based on what type of incoming student you are. Please visit our admission page to learn more and apply online.
For more information about our Graduate Business Programs, including our MBA, MBA/MHSA and JD-MBA programs, please send your inquiries to:
Coordinator of Student Services
You can also call Admissions during hours at 800-635-5020 or e-mail us and we'll get right back to you: email@example.com.
You can also request information online.